• Won four quarterly Spotlight Awards: 2 in 2015 and 2 in 2016
• Experience in financial planning preparation, compliance, security trading, branch operations and administration
• Provide coaching to planners and mentoring new hires within the Enterprise Wealth Planning in using NaviPlan
• Ability to multi-task and work independently. Consistent in meeting targets and exceeding expectations
• Self-motivation, customer focus, enthusiasm, and strong interpersonal skills
Financial Planning Solutions Advisor
June 2014 – Present — BANK OF MONTREAL ENTERPRISE WEALTH PLANNING, Toronto, On
• Prepare comprehensive financial plans on behalf of the various sales forces which include determining the client’s objectives, analyzing the clients’ current situations, and providing strategies and alternative scenarios
• Coach advisors/planners on how to engage the client in the discovery process and what financial planning information/data needs to be gathered.
• Provide technical concepts on financial planning to advisors and planners and enterprise initiatives.
• In-branch financial planning coach of the two large Nesbitt Burns branches in GTA.
• Offer mini-courses to Financial Planners, Sales Assistants and new hires to enhance their technical knowledge in financial planning and/or software via phone or in-person engagements.
• Perform quality review and audit functions by reviewing plans of users who call in before they approve their plans. Check accuracy and quality of financial plans created by users to mitigate risk to the organization, in accordance to process and standards set.
• Participated in developing tools with team members and frontline users to encourage them to adopt Financial Planning within BMO and enhance client experience.
• Created Quick Tips and Job Aid documents to help frontline users how to model complex strategies in NaviPlan
• Tester, Voyant’s WealthPath Standard and Pro
• Founding Member, Innovation Committee
Financial Planning Associate
July 8, 2008 – May 2014 — SCOTIABANK WEALTH MANAGEMENT FINANCIAL PLANNING & ADVISORY, Toronto, On
• Prepared comprehensive/modular financial plans for Scotia Wealth Management Advisors (Financial Planning Consultants, Wealth Advisors, Financial Consultants and Portfolio/Investment Relationship Managers) and provide recommendations to help clients meet their goals and objectives.
• Reviewed financial plans prepared by Wealth Advisors and Relationship Managers for accuracy, effectiveness and quality. Conducted annual financial planning compliance supervision and review.
• Responded to general financial planning (i.e. retirement, tax, insurance, investment and estate) information support received via phone, email and fax.
• Facilitated webinars on financial planning calculators and elective courses.
Investment Representative / Customer Service Specialist
November 20, 2006 – July 7, 2008 — SCOTIAMCLEOD DIRECT INVESTING, Toronto, On
• Executed equity, fixed income and mutual fund trades in a timely and accurate manner that is consistent with customer service quality measurements and in accordance with SMDI trading policy and regulatory requirements.
• Provided the highest possible level of customer service while responding to client request for information on SMDI products and services, stock quotes or account details.
• Trainor/Facilitator, CSR Training Program; Top Referral Person via the SMDI Referral Program RBC ROYAL BANK Toronto, On January 2, 2001 – November 17, 2006 Operations Support Officer
• Assumed different roles during my tenure like Customer Service Representative II, Customer Assistance Officer and Account Services Representative. Licensed Mutual Fund Representative via Royal Mutual Funds Inc.
• Performed mutual funds compliance daily routine.
• Supervised Client Service Representatives at the branch. Performed branch operations and administration.
• Performed complex client transactions, investigations and escalations, both personal and business.
• Centre of expertise on cash and custody, fraud cases, and operational issues.
• Spearheaded United Way Campaign.
• Sound knowledge of privacy and anti-money laundering topics.
Professional Designations: Chartered Divorce Financial Specialist(CFDS), Certified Financial Planner (CFP® ), Fellow, Canadian Securities Institute(FCSI® ) and Personal Financial Planning(PFP)
Currently working towards Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM) designation via CSI
Completed several courses via Canadian Securities Institute(CSI)
University Graduate with Honours, Philippines
2008 – Present — CRA’s COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX PROGRAM, Toronto, On
Since 1971, the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) has partnered with community organizations to help people to complete their income tax and benefit return between February and April every year.
December 7-11, 2015 — Financial Planning Standards Council (FPSC), Toronto, On
March 24-28, 2018 — Ryerson University Financial Planning Association, Toronto, On
© 2019 PlanPlus Inc.